Plover House is an impressive four bedroom, three bathroom, single-storey, barn conversion that has been beautifully furnished throughout. Rated 5 Star Gold by Visit England,
A home away from home...
With two king bedrooms featuring ensuite bathrooms, and two additional twin rooms, this spacious barn conversion is ideal for large families or group getaways. The enclosed courtyard provides the perfect space for entertaining during the summer months, and the communal heated indoor pool and other facilities at The Lowes are just a short walk away.
- 4 bedrooms with Hypnos beds
- 3 bathrooms, to include a family wet room, an ensuite accessible wet room & an ensuite bathroom with bath & overhead shower
- Private courtyard garden with outdoor furniture & bbq
- Parking for 3 / 4 vehicles
- Dog friendly
- What's included?
- All bedding and towels for house and pool
- Complimentary welcome pack
- Nespresso Vertuo Coffee Machine
- Smart TVs with Freesat, DVD
- Bose Wave music system
- 2 Dyson hairdryers
- LG smart TV's in all bedrooms
- Charcoal Weber barbecue
- Tennis rackets and balls
- Free Wi-Fi
- Highchairs, cots & a put up bed available upon request
- Dog bed, towels, and bowls upon request
- Access to indoor swimming pool, tennis courts, and children's play area
- Access Statement
Access Statement for Plover House
Plover House is set within a complex of 11 converted, old farm buildings which were completely renovated and finished in 2005. It has its own parking area for up to 4 cars. The house is a converted barn and has all its living on one level.
Parking & Entrance to property
- To the front of the property is smooth tarmac and pea shingle with paving leading to the front door. A level, firm surface.
- There are double doors at the entrance with each one being 67cm with a total width of 133cm if needed. There is one step into the property that is 12 cm high over the threshold when entering the property.
Layout of the house
- The property has no internal levels so is easy and safe for everyones level of mobility to move around
- The cloakroom door is 65cm wide. There would not be enough space for a wheelchair, but using a walking frame would be possible. The toilet is behind the door.
- The kitchen, which is open plan to the rest of the living area, is set out in a large U shape with a 3m space in the middle. The oven is built in, and the top of it is at 120cm, the microwave above is 167cm at the top and all kitchen work surfaces are 92cm in height.
- The dining table seats 12 easily and has church pew type seat along the 2 sides and dining chairs at either end so easy to put a wheel chair or high chair in place. The table height is 77cm.
- The sitting area has 2, 4 seat sofas and 2 armchairs. There is also a desk chair with a seat height of 45cm and has hard wooden and padded arms. There is a large rug that goes under all the sofas and chairs and a large coffee table in the middle of the room with 2 further side tables.
- The 2nd sitting area has a sofa with foot stool and 2 wicker lounger style chairs.
- The kitchen and sunroom floor is tiled and has underfloor heating
- The TV has remote controls as does the DVD player and Sky Freeview Box. The TV has subtitles if required.
- The property has a telephone provided (honesty system operated and telephone envelope left for tenant to put their money in) and is also wireless Internet ready.
- In the kitchen there is a washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, microwave, cooker, fridge freezer and hob.
Private Decked Area
- Leading out from the living area is a wooden deck enclosed courtyard with access through a wooden gate to the steep staiurs leading down to the swimming pool – we ask that they are not used when it is wet as the wood gets wet (there is an alternative route to the swimming pool). There is a garden table and 4 chairs.
- The 2nd paved internal courtyard is accessed via Bi-fold doors opened from the sunroom and open to a width of 480cm. There is a 4cm step on the inside of the door over a 23cm wide step which drops down 12cm onto the deck. There are also doors onto this courtyard from both the living area and the bedroom wing. The courtyard has a 3m long table and 8 all weather chairs with arms.
- All 4 bedroom doors and the 3 doors to the bath/shower rooms are 74cm wide.
- The wing is fully carpeted except for the bathrooms which are tiled.
- In both en-suite showers there is a 15cm step over to get into the shower cubicle. There are folding or sliding doors to enclose you in the cubicle.
- The room configurations are: 2 king size beds with en-suite shower rooms and 2 x twins which share the separate bathroom (bath with shower over) All beds are 55cm high.
- The twin rooms would be suitable for people needing to use a zimmer frame but would possibly be difficult for wheelchairs, although the beds could be moved to allow at least one bed to have enough space. The large master bedroom has more space so would be ideal for those with mobility issues.
The Swimming Pool
- To get from Plover House to the swimming pool by the alternative route to the stairs, go via the mown grass to the front of The Lowes and then onto a pea shingle hard surface. Outside the pool is paved (no steps) and the entrance also has no step.
- The entrance door is a double door with has a total width of 180cm, and 75cm singly.
- To both sides of the pool is a tiled walkway with the left hand side being wider than the right.
- The changing room/toilet door is 80cm wide.
- The light switches are situated on the wall outside the changing room – too high for wheelchair users when in the chair.
- The pool itself has 3 steps down into it with NO handrail, there are handrails along both sides once in the pool itself.
- There is a shower on the pool surround which is easily operated and has no step to reach it.
- The pool measurements are: 5.6m x 11m diameter and 1.1m x 1.9m from shallow end to deep end.
General Communal Areas
- The main areas at The Lowes are either mown grass or tar and pea shingle and easy to get around by young children and people with mobility issues.
- The driveway to the tennis courts and children’s play area is reached by a short stretch of gravel which is loose, so not so easy for wheelchair users (ok if aided by someone) and slightly harder work for those with walking aids.
The Tennis Courts
- There are 2 all weather tennis courts
- The entrance gate to the courts is 1m wide.
The Children’s Play Area
- This is situated just past the tennis courts and is surrounded by a grass bank of approximately 2 – 3 feet in height.
- To reach this area from the tennis courts is either by the gravel drive or the mown grass area which has a slight uphill slope.
- The surface of the play area is wood bark, with sand underneath.
- There is a sand pit, trampoline (with safety netting surround) and a climbing frame with slide.
- There is also a mown area for ball games.
Other Useful Information.
- There are several local taxi firms who are able to accommodate wheel chairs – list of them available in the property information folder.
- Mobile phone signal in the property is bad, but a landline is provided.
- Useful telephone numbers are found in the property information folder and include Doctors, Hospital, Chemist, Vet, Mobility hire shops etc.
To start planning your next holiday with The Kelling Estate call 01263 588382 or submit the form below
"A wonderful stay for Christmas 2018, boys loved the swimming pool and the adults loved the fabulous space. We will back!"Mrs Harrison