Tern Place is a charming, single-storey barn conversion which has been rated 5 Star Gold by Visit England. This dog friendly holiday cottage features four large bedrooms, a private terrace, and a bright and airy open plan living area, this charming property is not only steeped in character, but has plenty of space for all the family.
A home away from home...
In addition to wider doorways, this accessible barn also has the added convenience of two wet rooms and a handy laundry room. The tv room complete with wood-burning stove, is the ideal place to warm up on a winters evening, while the large open plan living area and kitchen is perfect for entertaining.
- 4 bedrooms with Hypnos beds
- 3 bathrooms
- Enclosed garden with patio area
- Parking for 3 / 4 vehicles
- Dog friendly
- What's included?
- 4 Superking sized beds which can be twinned upon request
- All bedding and towels for house and pool
- Complimentary welcome pack
- Nespresso Vertuo coffee machine
- Smart TV with Freesat & DVD
- Bose Wave music system
- 2 Dyson hairdryers
- White Company toiletries
- LG Smart TV's in all bedrooms
- Charcoal barbecue
- Tennis rackets and balls
- Free Wifi
- Highchairs, cots & a put up bed available upon request
- Dog bed, towels, and bowls upon request
- Access to indoor swimming pool, tennis courts, and children’s play area
- Something Extra?
Start your holiday the right way with a meal prepared by our chefs at The Pheasant.
Choose from the following
Served with seasonal vegetables
£27 to serve 4 people
Lasagne or Vegetarian Lasagne
Served with garlic bread & side salad
£27 to serve 4 people
Just pop in the oven & relax!
- Accessibility Guide
Tern Place is set within a complex of 11 converted, old farm buildings which were completely renovated and finished in 2005. It has its own parking area for 4 cars. The property is situated on one level making it very user friendly to both young and elderly clients and also those with mobility limitations.
Parking & Entrance to property
At the front of the property parking is on loose gravel with paving leading to the front door. There is a step at the front door leading into the house with a height of 14cm, with no drop the other side.
The front door is 84cm wide .
The entire living area (kitchen/dining/living area) is tiled with no steps and large amounts of unencumbered space to move around in.
The cloakroom door is 82cm wide and the sink is on your right hand side upon entry. The door opens inwards.
In the kitchen, the oven is built in, and the top of it is at 120cm, the microwave above is 167cm at the top and all kitchen work surfaces are 92cm in height.
The dining table seats 12 easily and has dining chairs, not benches so easy to sit a wheel chair or high chair at the table.
The first sitting area has 2 x 3 seat sofas and the other sitting room has 2 x 3 seat sofas and 2 armchairs, all with plenty of space for wheelchairs or walking aids.
The floor is tiled throughout, with underfloor heating and both the sitting areas have large rugs that goes under the sofas and the chairs and have a non slip backing.
The TV has remote controls as does the DVD player, Sky Freeview box and the stereo.
The property has a telephone provided (honesty system operated and telephone envelope left for tenant to put their money in) and is also wireless Internet ready. A list of emergency numbers is provided.
In the kitchen there is a dishwasher, microwave, cooker, fridge freezer and hob.
There is a separate small utility room with a washing machine, dryer and a sink.
All 4 bedroom doors and the doors to the bath/shower rooms are 82cm wide.
The bedroom wing is fully carpeted except for the wet rooms and bathrooms which are tiled with non slip tiles.
In both wet rooms there are no steps, so very easy access. They have static glass panels, no curtains.
The room configurations are: 2 x super king, one with en-suite wet room, and one with en-suite bathroom with shower over, and 2 x twins which share the separate wet room All beds are 55cm high.
All of the rooms would be suitable for people needing to use mobility aids.
The Swimming Pool
To get from Tern Place to the swimming pool is via the entrance with loose gravel and then onto a tar and pea shingle hard surface. Or via the rear door that leads onto a narrow deck with steep wooden steps with hand rails on both sides, down to the pool area which is paved. Outside the pool is paved (no steps) and the entrance also has no step.
The entrance door is a double door with has a total width of 180cm, and 75cm singly.
To both sides of the pool is a wide walkway covered in non slip rubber coating.
The changing room/toilet door is 80cm wide.
The light switches and pool cover control are situated on the wall outside the changing room too high for wheelchair users when in their chair.
The pool itself has 3 steps down into it with NO handrail, there are handrails along both sides once in the pool itself.
There is a shower on the pool surround which is easily operated and has no step to reach it.
General Communal Areas
The main area at The Lowes is either mown grass or tar and pea shingle and easy to get around by young children and people with mobility aids.
The driveway to the tennis courts and childrens play area is reached by a short stretch of gravel which is loose, so not so easy for wheelchair users (ok if aided by someone) and slightly harder work for those with walking aids.
The Tennis Courts
There are 2 all weather tennis courts
The entrance gate to them is 1m wide.
The Children’s Play Area
This is situated just past the tennis courts and is surrounded by a grass bank of approximately 2 3 feet in height.
To reach this area from the tennis courts is either by the gravel drive or the mown grass area which has a slight uphill slope.
The surface of the play area is wood bark, with sand underneath.
There is a sand pit, trampoline (with safety netting surround) and a climbing frame with slide.
There is also a mown area for ball games.
Other Useful Information
There are several local taxi firms who are able to accommodate wheel chairs – list of them available in the property information folder.
Mobile phone signal in the property is poor, but a landline is provided, and the properties have wireless internet.
Usefull telephone numbers are found in the property information folder and include Doctors, Hospital, Chemist, Vet, Mobility hire shops etc.
- Terms & Conditions
- Arrival and departure: Changeover day for the properties is usually Friday for full week bookings, with Saturday purely by arrangement. Short breaks are only available out of peak season times. Guests may arrive after 4 pm and we request that you vacate the property by 9 am on departure day. This allows time to clean the property and arrange laundry for incoming guests. Key arrangements and directions will be given to you in advance of your holiday.
- All utility services are included in the cost of your holiday.
- Our properties are suitable for well behaved dogs. An extra charge of £20 per dog per holiday will be made. Please make sure all evidence of your dog is removed and disposed of into a bin and not into the flower beds. At no time must a dog be left alone inside the property for more than a short time. No animals are to go upstairs or on the beds, in carpeted areas or on furniture. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to make an extra cleaning charge if necessary as a result of accommodating a pet.
- We take great pride in the presentation and cleanliness of all our properties. Your cottage will be thoroughly cleaned between lets and, if you are staying for two weeks linen and towels will be changed halfway through your stay.
- Short breaks are available at all of our properties. The minimum length of stay is three nights. Short breaks are not available at peak periods.
- Should any problems arise during your stay please contact the Kelling Estate office and we will endeavour to assist you. The booking contract is between you and the Kelling Estate. The Kelling Estate liability is limited to the cost of your holiday, except in the case of liability for personal damage or injury, for which purpose we carry Public Liability Insurance.
- All equipment, appliances and contents must be left clean and tidy on departure, with the exception of linen to be laundered which should be left in a pile ready for collection. The Kelling Estate reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time with or without any maintenance staff for the purpose of any repairs in the event that they may become necessary, although we will obviously respect your right to privacy and will always try not to disturb your holiday.
- The Kelling Estate and its staff are here to make sure your stay is relaxing and enjoyable. We value your custom and hope you will return in the future.
- Contract of hire is between The Hirer and the Kelling Estate. The booking is not effective until the Kelling Estate provide written conformation of that booking.
- A deposit of 30% of the cost of the holiday, which is non refundable, should accompany the booking form. The balance is due eight weeks before the start of your holiday. If the booking is made within eight weeks of the holiday commencement date, the full accommodation rental will be required. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to cancel a holiday where full payment has not been received less than 21 days before the holiday commencement date.
- If you are forced to cancel your holiday due to unforeseen circumstances, you must inform the Kelling Estate in writing immediately. In all cancellation situations the deposit is forfeited. We will make every endeavour to re-let the property, but you will remain liable for full/part payment if we are only able to re-let part of the agreed period. We strongly advise you take out cancellation and travel insurance for your holiday with us.
If you have cause to cancel, change the dates or cut short your holiday please notify our office immediately by telephone and then in writing.
All reservation deposits paid to The Kelling Estate are non-returnable and The Hirer will be liable for the full cost of the holiday if a cancellation or alteration occurs UNLESS the booking office is notified as follows:
- Up to 8 weeks before the start of the holiday. In which case the hirer will forfeit the deposit only.
- Less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday and it is possible for The Kelling Estate to re-let the property. In which case the deposit will be forfeited plus an administration charge of £25 plus VAT. The balance will be returned to The Hirer. If the property is not re-let The Hirer will forfeit the full cost of the holiday.
- If you cancel eight weeks or more before your booking you will forfeit only your deposit, less than eight weeks and The Hirer will be liable for all or part of the full cost, depending if the Kelling Estate can re-let the period of The Hirer’s booking. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to refuse any booking.
- No liability is accepted for any injury, loss or damage to guests and/or their belongings, damage by or to any third party or for damage to any motor vehicle or its contents.
- The maximum number of guests is restricted to numbers stated. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. In addition, the Kelling Estate reserves the right to refuse entry/bookings from guests who may, in their opinion, be unsuitable for the property concerned.
- The Hirer is responsible for taking care of the property during their stay. All equipment and contents must be left clean and tidy on departure, with the exception of linen to be laundered. The property must be securely locked when you are out and care taken not to expose the property to any fire risk. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to enter the property at any reasonable time with or without any maintenance staff for the purpose of any repairs in the event that they may become necessary, although we will obviously respect your right to privacy and try not to disturb your holiday.
- The hirer is responsible for the conduct of all members of their party and will be held accountable for any damage or issues arising from their stay.
- Any damage and/or breakages are the responsibility of the Hirer and the cost payable upon demand. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to repossess the property at any time where serious damage has been caused. Minor breakages are not usually charged for.
- The Kelling Estate takes every care to ensure the accuracy of the property descriptions. All information in our brochures and on our website is given in good faith and is correct at the time of going to press. The Kelling Estate cannot be held responsible for changes beyond its control, which may become known after publication of literature.
- The Kelling Estate cannot accept liability for happenings beyond its control, such as breakdown of domestic appliances, swimming pool installations, plumbing, wiring, temporary invasion of pests, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions or negligence resulting in loss, injury or accident.
- In the unlikely event that a property is not available through circumstances arising outside the control of the Kelling Estate, then the Kelling Estate may be forced to cancel the booking. The Hirer will be advised as early as possible. Where possible, The Hirer will be offered suitable alternative accommodation, which if not acceptable, will entitle the Hirer to a refund of all monies due. The Hirer will not as a result have any further claims against the Kelling Estate.
- The accommodation shall be for family use only, not for youth groups or other groups or student parties. Sleeping in tents or motor vehicles adjacent to the accommodation is not permitted.
- A refundable security deposit will be required to cover the cost of breakages or extra cleaning required. If there are charges to recover, The Kelling Estate will forward the balance to The Hirer along with a statement, otherwise the deposit shall be returned in full.
- The Hirer must not use the accommodation or allow its use for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to any neighbours.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the accommodation and The Hirer and any member of his or her party undertakes not to smoke inside the accommodation.
- The Hirer will be issued with a set of keys to the accommodation on the first day of the holiday period and The Hirer must return them as per instructions on the date of departure. Failure to do so will incur the cost of a replacement set.
- The use of accommodation amenities offered, such as swimming pool, children’s play equipment, trampolines etc. is entirely at the user’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, or loss or damage to user’s or The Hirer’s personal belongings.
It is recommended that the Hirer is covered by Personal Holiday Insurance.
The construction, validity and performance of the Booking Conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales, and both parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the UK Courts
To start planning your next holiday with The Kelling Estate call 01263 588382 or submit the form below
We had such a lovely time the pool was great & we played tennis everyday. It was great thank you.The Sayer Family