A home away from home...
With two king bedrooms featuring ensuite bathrooms, and two additional twin rooms, this spacious barn conversion is ideal for large families or group getaways. The enclosed courtyard provides the perfect space for entertaining during the summer months, and the communal heated indoor pool and other facilities at The Lowes are just a short walk away.
- 4 bedrooms with Hypnos beds
- 3 bathrooms, to include a family wet room, an ensuite accessible wet room & an ensuite bathroom with bath & overhead shower
- Private courtyard garden with outdoor furniture
- Weber barbecue
- Parking for 3 / 4 vehicles
- Dog friendly
- What's included?
- 4 Superking beds which can be twinned upon request
- All bedding and towels for house and pool
- Complimentary welcome pack
- Nespresso Coffee Machine
- Nutribullet blender
- Smart TVs with Freesat, DVD
- Bose Wave music system
- 2 Dyson hairdryers
- White Company toiletries
- LG smart TV's in all bedrooms
- Weber charcoal barbecue
- Tennis rackets and balls
- Free Wi-Fi
- Highchairs, cots & a put up bed available upon request
- Dog bed, towels, and bowls upon request
- Access to indoor swimming pool, tennis courts, and children's play area
- Something Extra?
Start your holiday the right way with a meal prepared by our chefs at The Pheasant.
Choose from the following
Served with seasonal vegetables
£27 to serve 4 people
Lasagne or Vegetarian Lasagne
Served with garlic bread & side salad
£27 to serve 4 people
Just pop in the oven & relax!
- Accessibility Guide
- Plover House is set within a complex of 11 converted, old farm buildings which were completely renovated and finished in 2005. It has its own parking area for up to 4 cars. The house is a converted barn and has all its living on one level.
Parking & Entrance to property
- To the front of the property is smooth tarmac and pea shingle with paving leading to the front door. A level, firm surface.
- There are double doors at the entrance with each one being 67cm with a total width of 133cm if needed. There is one step into the property that is 12 cm high over the threshold when entering the property.
Layout of the house
- The property has no internal levels so is easy and safe for everyones level of mobility to move around
- The cloakroom door is 65cm wide. There would not be enough space for a wheelchair, but using a walking frame would be possible. The toilet is behind the door.
- The kitchen, which is open plan to the rest of the living area, is set out in a large U shape with a 3m space in the middle. The oven is built in, and the top of it is at 120cm, the microwave above is 167cm at the top and all kitchen work surfaces are 92cm in height.
- The dining table seats 12 easily and has church pew type seat along the 2 sides and dining chairs at either end so easy to put a wheel chair or high chair in place. The table height is 77cm.
- The sitting area has 2, 4 seat sofas and 2 armchairs. There is also a desk chair with a seat height of 45cm and has hard wooden and padded arms. There is a large rug that goes under all the sofas and chairs and a large coffee table in the middle of the room with 2 further side tables.
- The 2nd sitting area has a sofa with foot stool and 2 wicker lounger style chairs.
- The kitchen and sunroom floor is tiled and has underfloor heating
- The TV has remote controls as does the DVD player and Sky Freeview Box. The TV has subtitles if required.
- The property has a telephone provided (honesty system operated and telephone envelope left for tenant to put their money in) and is also wireless Internet ready.
- In the kitchen there is a washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, microwave, cooker, fridge freezer and hob.
Private Decked Area
- Leading out from the living area is a wooden deck enclosed courtyard with access through a wooden gate to the steep staiurs leading down to the swimming pool – we ask that they are not used when it is wet as the wood gets wet (there is an alternative route to the swimming pool). There is a garden table and 4 chairs.
- The 2nd paved internal courtyard is accessed via Bi-fold doors opened from the sunroom and open to a width of 480cm. There is a 4cm step on the inside of the door over a 23cm wide step which drops down 12cm onto the deck. There are also doors onto this courtyard from both the living area and the bedroom wing. The courtyard has a 3m long table and 8 all weather chairs with arms.
- All 4 bedroom doors and the 3 doors to the bath/shower rooms are 74cm wide.
- The wing is fully carpeted except for the bathrooms which are tiled.
- In both en-suite showers there is a 15cm step over to get into the shower cubicle. There are folding or sliding doors to enclose you in the cubicle.
- The room configurations are: 2 king size beds with en-suite shower rooms and 2 x twins which share the separate bathroom (bath with shower over) All beds are 55cm high.
- The twin rooms would be suitable for people needing to use a zimmer frame but would possibly be difficult for wheelchairs, although the beds could be moved to allow at least one bed to have enough space. The large master bedroom has more space so would be ideal for those with mobility issues.
The Swimming Pool
- To get from Plover House to the swimming pool by the alternative route to the stairs, go via the mown grass to the front of The Lowes and then onto a pea shingle hard surface. Outside the pool is paved (no steps) and the entrance also has no step.
- The entrance door is a double door with has a total width of 180cm, and 75cm singly.
- To both sides of the pool is a tiled walkway with the left hand side being wider than the right.
- The changing room/toilet door is 80cm wide.
- The light switches are situated on the wall outside the changing room – too high for wheelchair users when in the chair.
- The pool itself has 3 steps down into it with NO handrail, there are handrails along both sides once in the pool itself.
- There is a shower on the pool surround which is easily operated and has no step to reach it.
- The pool measurements are: 5.6m x 11m diameter and 1.1m x 1.9m from shallow end to deep end.
General Communal Areas
- The main areas at The Lowes are either mown grass or tar and pea shingle and easy to get around by young children and people with mobility issues.
- The driveway to the tennis courts and children’s play area is reached by a short stretch of gravel which is loose, so not so easy for wheelchair users (ok if aided by someone) and slightly harder work for those with walking aids.
The Tennis Courts
- There are 2 all weather tennis courts
- The entrance gate to the courts is 1m wide.
The Children's Play Area
- This is situated just past the tennis courts and is surrounded by a grass bank of approximately 2 – 3 feet in height.
- To reach this area from the tennis courts is either by the gravel drive or the mown grass area which has a slight uphill slope.
- The surface of the play area is wood bark, with sand underneath.
- There is a sand pit, trampoline (with safety netting surround) and a climbing frame with slide.
- There is also a mown area for ball games.
Other Useful Information.
- Mobile phone signal in the property is bad, but a landline is provided.
- Terms & Conditions
- Arrival and departure: Changeover day for the properties is usually Friday for full week bookings, with Saturday purely by arrangement. Short breaks are only available out of peak season times. Guests may arrive after 4 pm and we request that you vacate the property by 9 am on departure day. This allows time to clean the property and arrange laundry for incoming guests. Key arrangements and directions will be given to you in advance of your holiday.
- All utility services are included in the cost of your holiday.
- Our properties are suitable for well behaved dogs. An extra charge of £20 per dog per holiday will be made. Please make sure all evidence of your dog is removed and disposed of into a bin and not into the flower beds. At no time must a dog be left alone inside the property for more than a short time. No animals are to go upstairs or on the beds, in carpeted areas or on furniture. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to make an extra cleaning charge if necessary as a result of accommodating a pet.
- We take great pride in the presentation and cleanliness of all our properties. Your cottage will be thoroughly cleaned between lets and, if you are staying for two weeks linen and towels will be changed halfway through your stay.
- Short breaks are available at all of our properties. The minimum length of stay is three nights. Short breaks are not available at peak periods.
- Should any problems arise during your stay please contact the Kelling Estate office and we will endeavour to assist you. The booking contract is between you and the Kelling Estate. The Kelling Estate liability is limited to the cost of your holiday, except in the case of liability for personal damage or injury, for which purpose we carry Public Liability Insurance.
- All equipment, appliances and contents must be left clean and tidy on departure, with the exception of linen to be laundered which should be left in a pile ready for collection. The Kelling Estate reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time with or without any maintenance staff for the purpose of any repairs in the event that they may become necessary, although we will obviously respect your right to privacy and will always try not to disturb your holiday.
- The Kelling Estate and its staff are here to make sure your stay is relaxing and enjoyable. We value your custom and hope you will return in the future.
- Contract of hire is between The Hirer and the Kelling Estate. The booking is not effective until the Kelling Estate provide written conformation of that booking.
- A deposit of 30% of the cost of the holiday, which is non refundable, should accompany the booking form. The balance is due eight weeks before the start of your holiday. If the booking is made within eight weeks of the holiday commencement date, the full accommodation rental will be required. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to cancel a holiday where full payment has not been received less than 21 days before the holiday commencement date.
- If you are forced to cancel your holiday due to unforeseen circumstances, you must inform the Kelling Estate in writing immediately. In all cancellation situations the deposit is forfeited. We will make every endeavour to re-let the property, but you will remain liable for full/part payment if we are only able to re-let part of the agreed period. We strongly advise you take out cancellation and travel insurance for your holiday with us.
If you have cause to cancel, change the dates or cut short your holiday please notify our office immediately by telephone and then in writing.
All reservation deposits paid to The Kelling Estate are non-returnable and The Hirer will be liable for the full cost of the holiday if a cancellation or alteration occurs UNLESS the booking office is notified as follows:
- Up to 8 weeks before the start of the holiday. In which case the hirer will forfeit the deposit only.
- Less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday and it is possible for The Kelling Estate to re-let the property. In which case the deposit will be forfeited plus an administration charge of £25 plus VAT. The balance will be returned to The Hirer. If the property is not re-let The Hirer will forfeit the full cost of the holiday.
- If you cancel eight weeks or more before your booking you will forfeit only your deposit, less than eight weeks and The Hirer will be liable for all or part of the full cost, depending if the Kelling Estate can re-let the period of The Hirer’s booking. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to refuse any booking.
- No liability is accepted for any injury, loss or damage to guests and/or their belongings, damage by or to any third party or for damage to any motor vehicle or its contents.
- The maximum number of guests is restricted to numbers stated. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. In addition, the Kelling Estate reserves the right to refuse entry/bookings from guests who may, in their opinion, be unsuitable for the property concerned.
- The Hirer is responsible for taking care of the property during their stay. All equipment and contents must be left clean and tidy on departure, with the exception of linen to be laundered. The property must be securely locked when you are out and care taken not to expose the property to any fire risk. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to enter the property at any reasonable time with or without any maintenance staff for the purpose of any repairs in the event that they may become necessary, although we will obviously respect your right to privacy and try not to disturb your holiday.
- The hirer is responsible for the conduct of all members of their party and will be held accountable for any damage or issues arising from their stay.
- Any damage and/or breakages are the responsibility of the Hirer and the cost payable upon demand. The Kelling Estate reserves the right to repossess the property at any time where serious damage has been caused. Minor breakages are not usually charged for.
- The Kelling Estate takes every care to ensure the accuracy of the property descriptions. All information in our brochures and on our website is given in good faith and is correct at the time of going to press. The Kelling Estate cannot be held responsible for changes beyond its control, which may become known after publication of literature.
- The Kelling Estate cannot accept liability for happenings beyond its control, such as breakdown of domestic appliances, swimming pool installations, plumbing, wiring, temporary invasion of pests, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions or negligence resulting in loss, injury or accident.
- In the unlikely event that a property is not available through circumstances arising outside the control of the Kelling Estate, then the Kelling Estate may be forced to cancel the booking. The Hirer will be advised as early as possible. Where possible, The Hirer will be offered suitable alternative accommodation, which if not acceptable, will entitle the Hirer to a refund of all monies due. The Hirer will not as a result have any further claims against the Kelling Estate.
- The accommodation shall be for family use only, not for youth groups or other groups or student parties. Sleeping in tents or motor vehicles adjacent to the accommodation is not permitted.
- A refundable security deposit will be required to cover the cost of breakages or extra cleaning required. If there are charges to recover, The Kelling Estate will forward the balance to The Hirer along with a statement, otherwise the deposit shall be returned in full.
- The Hirer must not use the accommodation or allow its use for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to any neighbours.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the accommodation and The Hirer and any member of his or her party undertakes not to smoke inside the accommodation.
- The Hirer will be issued with a set of keys to the accommodation on the first day of the holiday period and The Hirer must return them as per instructions on the date of departure. Failure to do so will incur the cost of a replacement set.
- The use of accommodation amenities offered, such as swimming pool, children’s play equipment, trampolines etc. is entirely at the user’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, or loss or damage to user’s or The Hirer’s personal belongings.
It is recommended that the Hirer is covered by Personal Holiday Insurance.
The construction, validity and performance of the Booking Conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales, and both parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the UK Courts
To start planning your next holiday with The Kelling Estate call 01263 588382 or submit the form below
Another great family holiday, such a great place to stay.The Dennington Family